Monday, July 30, 2007

Brace yourselves...

That's right folks, brace yourselves! Breathe deeply as you read these next few words... Stephanie Smith actually went OUTDOORS to play a SPORT!!! I realize some of you may have just had a bowel movement in your pants, but it is actually true!

Corey and I went to Barfield Crescent Park yesterday to play Disc Golf. We played 18 holes and it just about killed me, but by god I made it! Thanks to Tim and Clare, (well Tim really, but Clare plays too) Corey has developed a new obsession and claims to be a "natural" at this game, so he had to show me the ropes. I lost my disk in the woods several times and even went IN the deep forest to get it! I did not see any snakes, but I did see a giant lizard, which scared the holy crap out of me and I screamed like any girly girl would! Of course I cheated a bunch and told myself that I either pared or birdied each hole just to make myself feel better. I really sucked!

We also smelled some interesting scents while we were out there. At first, we thought we were going to encounter a skunk, but we soon discovered that is was just two Bevis and Butt-Head look alikes smoking pot at one of the holes in the woods. What losers! I swear to you, they sounded just like them...laughing and all!

Anyway, I did really well playing the first 9 holes because they were actually in civilization, but once we got to the back 9 I began to realize this was more "outdoor-y" than I had planned for. There was one hole where you had to trek down what seemed like a mountain and then on the hole directly after it you had to haul your ass back up to the top. I thought I was going to die right there and all the maggots and wood critters would have had a lovely dinner! However, I made it. I survived.

I'm not real sure when I will be back to play again. You know how much I LOVE to sweat and all...It's only the most disgusting thing in the world...

For you viewing pleasure, I have compiled a slideshow. Make sure you pay special attention to the captions so that you get the "true" feel for my day. Sorry ladies, there are no pictures of Corey...only ME

3 comments:

Alison Cummins said...

I love the pic of you looking, oh so disgusted at whomever is taking it. Your blog is hilarious!
I am working on my room! Pix to come!
A

Anonymous said...

OMG! I bet you even sweated a little! I'm so proud of you :)

Mylie and Me said...

I thought Stupid photobucket was easy. WRONG. I made a slide show but I cant get it to show up! Help!