Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Ok, so it's been a while...

Ok, my life I feel is really not that interesting, but I'm bored right now and need something to do. Anyway...let's get on with it:

I started the Rutherford County program called, "Action with Balance," which is a weight loss management program. I had to pay $50 for the 12 week course, but when I successfully complete it, I get my money back, so it really is a win/win situation. I met with my dietitician (after I tried to quit because she never would call me back) and I must say, I hate her. Let me tell you why. She's blonde, skinny, perfect teeth, and looks like she's never eaten a french fry in all of her 24 years (and yeah, she's 24...I looked her up on myspace). I HATE HER! Well, not hate, hate, but you know what I mean. I would probably feel MUCH more comfortable with her if she had a picture of herself on her desk from when she weighed 350lbs, but I'm almost positive that's not gonna happen. How am I possibly supposed to take advice, much less find inspiration in someone who's NEVER struggled with eating a cheeseburger!? Bitch even fussed at me for getting a NON-fat latte at Starbucks, but I flat out told her I wasn't even going to apologize about it because I knew it wasn't a big deal. She simply said, "OK" and she moved off it. Yeah, I really don't think she knew what she was getting with me.

The first time we met she asked me what I would and would not eat. I don't think there's enough paper in the world to list all of my eating "quirks," but my two absolutely-not-going-in my-mouth-foods were milk and tomatoes. YUCK! However, I really need to have a meal in front of me before I know what I will and will not eat. Take lettuce for instance; if it is too green or has too many ribs or hard vein-y parts in it, it's not going into my mouth! No way!

Anyway, on my second visit I did lose over 2lbs, but I'm trying to stick more with the Weight Watchers Core plan than what she tells me about calories. I hate to count, which is why I did the Core plan in the first place. However, I do use this cool website (www.thedailyplate.com) to track my calories, goals (if I set them) and exercise. It's nice because it literally lists EVERYTHING in the world on there; even fast food restaurants and national brands of food. So, if you're looking for a good tracker, use that one.

I go back to her this coming Monday, so I'm sure I'll have more lovely things to say. By then I should be used to my eight teen hundred freakin' calories a day diet. Shit. Maybe that's the stomach growls that are talking...

Oh yeah, my classroom is finished and hopefully I will have pictures up soon...we'll see how that goes. :-)

No comments: