Monday, September 03, 2007

Mystic Tans, Reunions, and Bad News...

Folks, it's been a whirlwind weekend! On Friday afternoon, we (Jennifer, Clare, and I) met up with Katie and Erin at Chili's. As always, we had a splendid time and I even took pictures! However, and here comes the bad news part, my camera is DEAD and I cannot upload them to my computer. I discovered this when I changed the batteries this afternoon and it STILL didn't work! Ugh, so...no pictures of of Chili's OR my 10 year high school reunion! Dammit!

After Chili's I left to go to the SunTan City tanning salon for my first encounter with the Mystic Tan. If you have never done this before you should at least do it once! I went in, watched the ever-so-helpful video of just exactly how to "MysticTan", then the girl led me back to this room with a cage and gave me a quick demo. Let me tell you, it takes longer to take off your clothes and put on that barrier cream than it does to tan! I finally got it and all I could think of was that episode of "Friends" where Ross was too stupid to turn around, so he came out looking like a carrot on one side and a potato on the other. The whole process takes about a minute and a half. It was nice. I was disappointed when I got out because I was expecting to look darker instantly and even more so after 3-4 hours. BUT when I got up in the morning, the first thing Corey said to me was, "You are TAN!" So it was a good thing, and no, I didn't look like Ross. I bought the package of 6 tans, so I have 5 more to go. I guess I'll go about once a week. If I added it up correctly (and you all know I'm a math tard) it is cheaper than tanning in a bed!

My reunion was on Saturday night. I'm sure everyone is apprehensive about going to see people you haven't seen or cared about seeing the past 10 years, but we ended up having a GREAT time! We mostly hung out with people that I'm still friends with through MySpace, so I didn't have to waste time asking them, "Where are you now? What do you do? How many kids do you have?" and other boring small talk like that. I was really excited to see my friend Seth, whom I haven't seen in forever. He rolled in in a fat ass black Mercedes! He is an accountant with a large firm in Atlanta, so he's doing VERY well! I was also super excited to see my friend Kynetha. She lives in L.A. now, so it has been a couple of years since I've seen her. We were BFF in high school and I miss hanging out with her!

After the reunion was over and the restaurant (no, not the Depot, Katie)kicked us out, we went over to the after party at the condo hosted by Shasten and Melissa. We stayed until about 12:30 and then said our goodbyes. I am still shocked that Beth & Brannon, Tammy & Jeremy, Beth & Ben, Erin & Nick, and Corey and I ALL live in the 'Boro and we haven't hung out! We had to go all the way to Crossville to do it!

On Sunday afternoon, after eating breakfast at the Bean Pot and lunch at Dicky's BBQ, we headed home for a much needed relaxing evening! I went to bed pretty early since we didn't go to sleep the night before until about 1:30 in the morning!

Today all I've done is clean! No, not true...I met Erin for lunch at Moe's and then we went to Marble Slab for dessert. I'm sure my BFF is going to LOVE that! How many freakin' stars will I get this week!? I also ate a piece of chocolate cake on Saturday night, so I'm SURE I'll get 4 stars for that one! Anyway, after lunch I went to Bath and Body works to get some hair stuff, which is WONDERFUL. The name is "Fakkai" and I get the glossing cream. It makes my hair literally feel like silk! They were also having a sale on their Aromatherapy soap, which NEVER happens, so I picked up 5 for $15. My favorite flavor is the Eucalyptis Spearamint. YUMMY! I also had a coupon for a free pair of panties from Victoria's Secret, so I made their day and didn't spend a DIME! Hahahahah...I love it when I win! lol

Anyway, I've had a full day/weekend and I have pants to take out of the dryer, so I'm leaving you for now! Since my camera is broken, I will leave you with a picture from Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion...one of my favorite movies!

7 comments:

The Miles' said...

I am sorry to hear about your camera. I think it was time for a new one anyways:) Sounds like a fun-filled weekend...to bad we have to go back to work!

Twinkie Momma said...

Awww...that's so sad about your camera. That stinks. Sounds like you had a good time though! See you soon.

Alison Cummins said...

Hey girl, so sorry about your camera. But you illustrate so well with words, who needs a camera? :)
Ok got a funny story about the Fakkai, which like you, I LOVE MORE THAN ANY haircare product ever. I had a little coupon for this stuff way back in the summer and got a little freebie. I didn't know what it was, or what it was for, but since it came from B and B, I assumed it was for your BODY. I smeared some on my hands and just beamed because it felt like silk. Anyway, after raving to all my friends and family, my mom finally said, isn't that stuff for your hair???? I said, well, I don't think so, but after a little investigation, I realized it was. I felt soo stupid. Anyway, it is still the best stuff in the world and I love it.

Lisa said...

Can you take the card out of your camera and take it to walgreens or somewhere? My printer takes several different cards too! Try that!

Emily said...

hey, im in high school and our prom is next friday, i wasnt planning on going but my crush asked me to be his date, so now im trying to get everything ready at last minute. i was reading about your experience with the mystic tan at sun tan city, i need a tan fast and i dont have time to go to the tanning bed, but i fear if i try the mystic tan i will turn out an orange-ish color and thats the last thing i need, would you recommend it?

Stephanie Smith said...

Yes, Emily - I would recommend it. Make sure you exfloiate really well before you go in and make sure you put the barrier cream on each place you don't want to tan. You definitely don't want orange finger nails and knuckles!

There is a Mystic Tan video online you can watch that will help figure out what you need to do.

Let me know if you have anymore questions. I hope you have fun at your prom!!

Emily said...

thanks stephanie!