Monday, June 09, 2008

FIRE!!

I almost forgot to blog about the most eventful thing that happened today: a fire.

Just as we were dismissing the students from Summer School, the house right in front of our school caught on fire. At first we thought someone was just burning brush, but it turned out to be WAY more than that! At least 3 fire engines came to put out the blaze. Of course, the kids thought it was the coolest thing they had ever seen in their lives...

It was so sad to watch the dreams and lives of these poor, helpless people just burn up right in front of them. One of the kids that lives there is a student at my school. Sad.

I hope everyone was able to get out alright. I believe they did, but I'm sure it was a VERY scary moment for everyone involved.

Corey and I came home one night after eating dinner, to find 3 fire engines in our front yard - along with the rest of the ENTIRE neighborhood!!! Talk about having the shheeet scared out of you! Lucky for us, it was the house across from us that had caught on fire - unlucky for them. However, they were eventually able salvage the frame and rebuild the house. They got bigger and badder stuff in it, too...We can see their GIANT flat screen TV mounted on their living room wall when their front door is open. Of course, if my house burning down was the only way I could get that TV, I would definitely choose another option! They deserve it with all they went through...

I wouldn't wish that type of catastrophe on anyone!

No comments: